Welcome to my world and space, I am Esther Lemande (pronounced: Le-man-di), the lady behind this site. I believe i have led a very multi-faceted life experiences in my 32 years (celebrated last October) of life which can get hard to sum up but here’s an attempt.
I live by the motto: “Live, Love & Learn” and that has been a true guide in my life thus far! I am also thankful for the strength that my Christian faith has provided me in navigating the ups and downs of life. A faith walk that has been adventurous and humbling for over half of my life.
I decided that i will share some of the details of my life in an ‘interesting facts’ listed below:
- I was born and raised in D.R. Congo (Kinshasa) until age 12
- Up until age 12 years old we moved pretty much every 2-3 years throughout Congo due to my father being a military officer.
- I and our family moved to Rwanda (East Africa) for 4.5yrs beautiful and pretty formative years
- Consequently i speak over 4 languages
- Our family and I relocated to the US, (Baltimore, MD) in my late teens, as our new adopted country!
- I came to know the Lord at age 13 years
- I was called by God in ministry at age 21 years & was shortly proposed to marriage.
- I went through a tumultuous marriage relationship for almost 10 years (on and off)
- I found my other passion serving children and youth in the foster care system of the State of Texas.
- I remain living in Texas for the past 3 years and continuing to pursue my life calling and everything else God has for me!
Now that you have heard the interesting facts about my life and background, I would like to connect and see how I could be of service to you. Reach out to me on our contact page! 🙂